New Curator at DCMM

We recently had the opportunity to speak with the new curator at the Door County Maritime Museum, Kay Dragan. Kay comes to our area from Frederick, Maryland where she was the curator of education and public programming at the Frederick County Historical Society. Since her arrival, she has been joining in the spring cleaning at the museum’s Cana Island and Death’s Door locations. Dragan told us about some new plans for the Death’s Door location at Gills Rock, and a vessel on display which will now receive more attention…

Then at the Cana Island Lighthouse, there will be a 1920’s display of the lightkeepers house for this summer in addition to phase 4 of the extensive restoration project. Dragan details some of the work involved in that project…

Dragan also wanted to remind everyone that the Gills Rock and Cana Island seasonal locations will re-open May 1st, and Cana Island will still be accessible through this restoration project.

Posted in News | Tagged , |

Comments are closed.