Sturgeon Bay Fire Fighters were on the scene of a natural gas leak Friday morning at about 7:30. Fire Chief Tim Dietman told WDOR News that a contractor for Wisconsin Public Service was working in the area of Lansing Avenue & Spruce Street when he inadvertently dug through the gas line. A quantity of gas was released from the break which was smelled over a significant area. Chief Dietman, with five other fire fighters and two engines, were called to secure the site. The leak was stopped and WPS is having the broken pipe repaired. Fire Fighters were on the scene for about an hour and ahalf.