Child in Car Seat Burned After Being Placed on Stove

The Sturgeon Bay Police Department referred its report on an incident in which a child was severely burned Wednesday to the Door County Department of Human Services for evaluation. The two and a half month old child was in a car seat and was placed on the stove while the parents went outside for a smoke. As they headed outside, they did not realize that a burner on the stove had accidentally been left on. When they heard the child screaming, the couple rushed back into the house and found the car seat in flames. They immediately contacted 911 and the child was taken by ambulance to medical facilities. Local authorities have made a preliminary assessment that the incident appears to be the product of a lapse of judgment, rather than a criminal act. No word as to the condition of the child.

Posted in News | Tagged |

Comments are closed.