Northern Door Seasonal Home Damaged in Fire Sunday Night

A smoky fire in a seasonal home owned by a Milwaukee-area couple caused significant damage to the structure and a garage at 9717 Maple Grove Road, in the Town of Gibraltar, Sunday evening. Gibraltar Fire Chief Caleb Whitney says his department was alerted at about 9PM after a furnace technician noticed smoke in the unoccupied house and called 911. Mutual aid was paged out automatically. Whitney says the first crew arrived on the scene about six minutes after the initial page and the fire was knocked down quickly using about 1,000 gallons of water and five gallons of foam. A large section of floor joists were damaged in the blaze and there was heavy smoke throughout the house. Chief Whitney says the teams of firefighters from multiple departments worked together flawlessly, contributing to the effort to get the fire under control quickly. He says it appears that the cause of the blaze was a plastic pail of ashes left in the garage shortly before the home-owners left around ten o’clock Sunday morning. The last fire crew to leave the scene did so at about 12:30AM Monday.

Advertisement
Posted in News | Tagged , |

Comments are closed.