An older home in the Town of Union was damaged in a fire early Monday morning. The Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department was paged out at about 4:45AM and units were sent the home at 10913 Bayshore Road. The initial report indicated that flames could be seen on the lower level of the house. Firefighters, who noted that the blaze originated in the living room, were able to contain the damage to the first floor. Mutual aid was called in and Door County Emergency Services was on scene. No cause or damage estimate was available. While the home owner discovered the blaze and called 911, there were no working smoke detectors in the house. Fire crews left the scene a couple of hours after the initial call came in. There were no injuries reported.