House Fire in Forestville Tuesday Morning

A home was destroyed and one person injured in a house fire early Tuesday morning at 6451 East Carnot Road, in the Town of Forestville. The page came in shortly after 3AM Tuesday and the first Southern Door Firefighters on the scene found the Anthony Jandrin home fully engulfed in flames. Mutual aid was provided by the Algoma and Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Departments. A relative alerted Jandrin that the home was ablaze and he was able to scramble out of a second floor window above the garage, falling several feet to the ground below. The only occupant of the home, he was transported to medical facilities by ambulance personnel for treatment of possible smoke inhalation. The blaze also destroyed a garage and two vehicles inside and radiated enough heat to blister siding nearby. About 50,000 gallons of water and a quantity of foam was used to douse the flames and take care of hot spots. It is believed that an electrical problem may have caused the fire. Firefighters cleared the scene about five hours after the initial call was received.

Posted in News | Tagged , |

Comments are closed.