Fire Destroys Home in Southern Door County

A home in the Town of Union was extensively damaged in a fire Tuesday afternoon. The Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department was paged out at 12:17PM to a home on the Bay of Green Bay at 1381 North Bayshore Road. BUG Fire Chief Curt Vandertie says the first units on the scene reported that a segment of the home was fully engulfed in flames…

Mutual aid was called in from the Southern Door, Sturgeon Bay and Luxemburg Fire Departments with Casco firefighters on standby status. Fire crews were able to keep the flames from spreading to an attached garage. However, the home is considered a total loss. Chief Vandertie says a combination of foam and water was used to put the fire out. He says a fill site was set up at Chaudoir’s Dock nearby. Local investigators were on the scene and made an assessment that focused on the home’s fireplace…

The occupants, residents of Racine, indicated that a fire had been started after they arrived at the home and everything was fine when they went shopping Tuesday morning. However, when they returned, the home was ablaze. BUG Fire Chief Curt Vandertie says no dollar value for the loss is available at this time. Crews cleared the scene around 4PM Tuesday afternoon.

Advertisement
Posted in News | Tagged , |

Comments are closed.