B-U-G Fire Dep. Puts Out 3 Brush Fires

Curt Vandertie, Fire Chief at the Rrussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department, recently informed us that they had to extinguish three fires in two days due to dry conditions and some carelessness. First, Sunday afternoon there was a brushfire just off County Highway “XC” in the town of Brussels which was caused by someone being careless with a cigarette. Then a few hours later they responded to another grass fire near North Town Hall Road. Then Monday they extinguished a fire on Arrowhead Beach Road in Union which was the result of a brush fire without a burn permit. All three fires were extinguished with little damage, but Fire Chief Vandertie wishes to take this time to remind everyone to be careful during these dry conditions. Make sure your cigarettes are thoroughly put out, and if you plan on burning you must first apply for and receive a burn permit through your local municipality. Even then, please burn with much caution.

Posted in News | Tagged , |

Comments are closed.