Torch Causes Fire in Sturgeon Bay

A torch being used to melt ice in the door frame of a home on Sturgeon Bay’s west side is being blamed for a smoky fire Sunday. Luckily, fire department personnel had the blaze out quickly & damage is said to be minimal. Three units & a crew of ten firemen were paged out at 3:19PM to the home were heavy smoke was reported in the basement. Only about five gallons of water was needed to put out the fire in the door frame & smoke ejectors were used to remove heavy smoke from the structure. Earlier, fire crews had been told that the building was evacuated. They cleared the site at 3:50PM.

Posted in News |

Comments are closed.