Small Fire in Room at Stone Harbor

A footstool pushed against a gas fireplace is being blamed for a fire that damaged a room at the Stone Harbor Resort & Conference Center in Sturgeon Bay Tuesday evening. Four units & a dozen firefighters were paged out at 7:12PM after the footstool ignited & filled the room & hallway with smoke. The smoke also activated an alarm, causing the room’s sprinkler system to kick in, dousing the burning piece of furniture. Firemen used smoke ejectors to clear smoke out of the room & hallway. They also replaced the sprinkler head. It appears that a fan & the fireplace were accidentally turned on before the footstool was pushed too close. No one was injured in the smoky fire. Firefighters were back at the station shortly before 9PM Tuesday.

Posted in News |

Comments are closed.