A recreational vehicle was destroyed & a garage damaged in a fire Thursday morning near Discount Auto at 7542 Highway 42/57 in the Town of Nasewaupee. Southern Door Fire Chief Chuck Cihlar says the initial call came in at about 9AM as a house fire, prompting him to send all available vehicles & triggering mutual aid from several nearby fire departments. Upon reaching the scene, fire crews realized that the fire was actually in an RV parked near an attached garage. Cihlar says, initially, firefighters concentrated on keeping the blaze from spreading to the home. Eventually, more units arrived & several thousand gallons of water was used, along with some foam, to knock down the flames & put out the fire. Vinyl siding on the garage melted because of the burning RV. Complicating the operation was concern about a 100 pound propane tank in the vehicle & an overhead electrical line which fell & was arcing. During the fire fighting operation, fill sites were set up at the Southern Door Fire Station near the Cherryland Airport & in Sturgeon Bay. The Door County Sheriff’s Department, with help from firefighters, provided traffic control & a Door County ambulance stood by. There were no injuries. No cause & no damage estimate is available. Fire crews cleared the scene at about 10:30AM.