Fire Call

Quick work by firefighters from the Sister Bay/Liberty Grove Fire Department kept a fire from spreading from an attached garage to a home Saturday afternoon. The department paged at 3pm and units from both fire stations were sent to the Teri Hockers home at 1517 North Bay lane in the town of Liberty Grove. Northern Door mutual aid was also called in. Fireman had the smoky blaze under control in short order and the majority of the damage was contained to the garage and its contents, although there was light smoke in the house. It appeared that the fire started near an electric stove in the garage. Prior to leaving, fire crews checked for “hotspots’ and used smoke ejectors to ventilate the home. They were back at the station at 4:30pm Saturday.

Posted in News |

Comments are closed.