A home on Sturgeon Bay’s West side sustained exterior damage in a fire Thursday afternoon. Four units of the Sturgeon Bay Fire Department were sent to 618 West Walnut Drive at about 1:30PM after a 911 call about fire on the porch was received. Fire Chief Tim Herlache says a discarded cigarette in a plastic container was the source of the fire which damaged the deck & siding of the duplex. A small amount of water was needed to extinguish the blaze which was contained to the exterior of the house. After determining that the fire had not moved beyond the outside of the structure, firefighters returned to the station at 1:50PM. The damage was estimated at one to two thousand dollars.