BUG Department Responds to Brussels House Fire

All department units and more than two dozen members of the Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department responded to the report of a house fire Saturday afternoon. Assistant Fire Chief Jim Wautier says the fire was in a large electrical box in the basement of the home owned by Rick and Sandy Miller at 1178 County XC in the Town of Brussels. Wautier says the flames had been knocked down by the time the first firefighters arrived on the scene. Mutual aid was called off when it was determined that the fire was all but out. The damage was contained to the electrical box, but there was smoke throughout the home. Firemen used fans to clear smoke out of the building and a crew from Wisconsin Public Service was called upon to shut down electricity to the home. No damage estimate is available. BUG Fire Department personnel were paged out at 1:30PM and cleared the site shortly before 4PM.

Posted in News |

Comments are closed.