A fire call came in around 8:40 on Tuesday morning in the town of Forestville. The call reported heavy smoke coming out of the residence at 7057 Maplewood Road. The Southern Door Fire Department was dispatched along with the Brussels and B.U.G. departments all at the same time. It was a bystander who noticed the smoke and called 9-1-1. He then found a garden hose and began spraying the building, partially keeping the fire in-check until the fire departments arrived. Forestville Assistant Fire Chief Randy Massart said the fire started on or near the range in the kitchen and burned a hole through to the outside of the house. The fire just started going up the walls and into the upstairs when the firefighters began to extinguish it. The house sustained very much smoke and heat damage. Upwards of 17 trucks responded to the scene, and they they used roughly 3,000 gallons of water. Massart said the entire operation was complete in about 2 ½ hours. There were no human injuries. Although a few pets did survive the fire, 2 dogs and 1 cat did not survive.