The large cargo ship that slammed into a dock, crushed a 16-foot pleasure craft and damaged the Ray Nitschke Bridge in Green Bay Sunday afternoon has visited Sturgeon Bay in the past for repairs. The 767-foot Kaye E. Barker was heading north in the bay of Green Bay when the accident happened. The Green Bay draw bridge reopened Sunday evening after being shut down for about three hours. The Barker is well known at Bay Shipbuilding where its steam turbine was replaced by diesel engines in 2012. The vessel was christened in January of 1952 and began sea trials in June of that year. Originally named the Edward B. Greene, she was purchased by the Interlake Steamship Company in 1989 and renamed the next year.