Two units of the Sturgeon Bay fire department were sent to the area of the Harmann building in downtown Sturgeon Bay after a report was called in of the smell of natural gas near the building. The fire crews encountered the gas smell near a furnace vent in the alley & also noticed a bent pipe nearby. They stayed on the scene until being released by an employee of Wisconsin Public Service. Before the problem was resolved, several individuals working in the area were alerted to the presence of natural gas. The initial call came in at 10:24AM & firefighters were back at the station less than 45 minutes later.