Garage Fire in Union Thursday Night

A garage owned by James Krause at 11170 Shoemaker Road, in the Town of Union, sustained significant damage in a fire Thursday evening. The Brussels-Union-Gardner Fire Department was paged out shortly before 7:14PM & auto-aid was activated for the Southern Door, Casco & Luxemburg Fire Departments. Unlike mutual aid, the protocol for the auto-aid program requires all participating departments to be paged out at the same time.

The first crew on the scene found smoke coming out the windows of the three stall garage. A short time later, the windows blew out. A hose line was set up & the fire was extinguished quickly, using a combination of water & foam. Besides the interior, the fire destroyed the contents of the garage, including a car & a pickup truck. Firemen were able to keep the flames from spreading to a nearby house & barn. The cause of the blaze has yet to be determined, although it appears that it could have been electrical in nature. About a dozen units & more than two dozen firefighters responded to the fire call. A fill site was set up at Massart’s Pond at Roosevelt Court Road & a Door County deputy provided traffic control. Fire crews cleared the scene at about 8:50PM Thursday.


Posted in News |

Comments are closed.