There was a fire call Friday morning at the Hainesville Lutheran Church on County Road “M”, just south of Hainesville Road. The call came in just before 7:30 AM when a person was collecting the mail for the church noticed a strong smell of smoke throughout the building and called the Southern Door Fire Department. Assistant Fire Chief Chuck Cihlar reports that shortly after arrival they noticed a type of flood light on a clamp was clamped onto a pew to shine light out through their new stained glass window. The clamp apparently came loose and the light fell to the ground, facing straight down onto the wooden floor with the bulb still shining bright. The hot flood light began burning the wooden floor. Assistant Chief Cihlar says it had not advanced to the flaming stage, but it was smoldering heavily and burnt a hold through the floor and into a wooden beam below. The smoldering was put out with a small amount of water, and then they used a chainsaw to remove the burnt portion of the floor, and area about 2 ft x 2 ft . At first, mutual aid was called from Sturgeon Bay, BUG., and Algoma, but they were soon called off. The response operation took about 90 minutes.