A general alarm sent nearly two dozen firefighters to an apartment near the corner of north 7th Avenue & Jefferson Street in Sturgeon Bay Sunday afternoon after a “house fire” was called in. The first firefighter on the scene found some items in a small recycling bin were smoldering on a second floor porch. A chemical fire extinguisher was used initially & later water was doused on the blue bin formerly used for recycling in Sturgeon Bay. Most of the damage was contained to the plastic bin which melted, a small piece of outdoor carpeting was removed & there was a little charring to a bannister. It’s believed cigarettes tossed into the recycling bin caused the contents of the container to ignite. Fire crews were sent out at 5:35PM & were back at the station less than 20 minutes later.