A building being used as a machine shed was damaged in a fire Friday evening at the Ken Staats farm at 5418 Jarman Road, in the Town of Sevastopol. The Sturgeon Bay Fire Department was paged out to what was called a barn fire at 5:45PM. The department issued a general alarm, including off-duty personnel, & mutual aid was provided by the Egg Harbor & Jacksonport Fire Departments. About 400 gallons of water was needed to knock down the flames on a door, wall & in the loft. The cause of the fire appears to be an overloaded wall outlet which overheated while an engine heater was plugged into a tractor that wouldn’t start. The damage was primarily confined to some siding & a door. Firefighters cleared the scene at 6:55PM Friday.
51°Fwind speed: 4 mph NNWLess forecast...Forecast September 30, 2014day
Cloudy53°FForecast October 1, 2014day
Intermittent clouds61°FLess forecast...More forecast...